Wednesday, March 4, 2009

MaMa Moo`s Prompt - Normal is...

Normal is Normal.
Is normal the average waist size? Are you un-normal if your bigger or smaller than the average? If you want to look at it statistically then normal would be the average wouldn't it? Good thing the world doesnt work that way.

Normal is you.

Normal is how YOU deal with your daily struggles, your traumatic experiences, your friendships and family.. Normal is your life because everyone's life is different so how could we possibly settle on the norm. I've thought the word normal so many times in my head that it doesn't even sound like a word anymore. Is it normal that a someone has the capacity to kill numerous people? It isn't to me but it's just another day in the life of a psychopath serial killer.

The issue with the norm is that it's a constant flucuation, and it will never rest in one spot. It will always be just out of your grasp. Once you accept yourself AS yourself and everything you are, you will realize your normal. And once you have this, the world is yours. You can never be everyones norm, so always create your own and go from there.

One last thing. Never be Normal, Be Exceptional.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Normal is the unexceptional middle. Better to be the extremely good (or bad). Anything worth doing is worth doing badly.

Anonymous said...

Apparently I'm exceptional then.

Great post!

♥ Kathy said...

I'm just curious why you called her MaMa Moo...lol um, ok, because I'm Kat too and my friend calls me Mooma (bc I love cows & act like her momma.) I liked your Normal definition ;)

Sherri Murphy said...

Love your line NEVER BE NORMAL,BE EXCEPTIONAL!

Carrin said...

I love the last line. That is how all of us should live our lives. Normal is never normal.

Angela Tolsma said...

very well written

makeanimpression said...

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the feedback. :)

I must have done the "MaMa Moo" title subconsciously. I just read a book called "Monkey Beach" by Eden Robinson and the protagonist calls her grandmother Mamamoo in it, so that must be where I got it from!

I love the Mooma though Kathy my friends mothis is obsessed with cartoon pigs so we call her Mrs. Piggy and she loves it haha

Kristen said...

There is no perfect normal. Hard to explain. Maybe I think normal is on the same plane as perfect. Open to interpretation.

JustSal said...

Normality is a myth. Love your slant on this subject area well done