Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Mama - 5.) Write about something mean you did to a sibling growing up.

5.) Write about something mean you did to a sibling growing up.

So the story that I find I usually tell people about growing up related to mean a nastymean sister is the story of my brother and the eyelash incident.

As a kid at the age of four all I really wanted was to everyone to look at me all the time, apparently my family didn't agree with this. Everyone was always complimenting my brother on his huge beautiful blue eyes and how amazingly long eyelashes he has and how cute he is yadda yadda yadda blah blah blah, I was very jealous of him. I had merely hazel eyes and acceptable eyelashes and foudn myself to be second guess. One day when my mom was busy dusting the dining room that no one entered I told my brother it was time for a haircut. His two year old self told me he was hestitant about this because he thinks im going to "do a bad to [him]" but i assured him otherwise. I went to the kitchen and got those huge black kitchen scissors that every hoousehold has, (I later learned they are form IKEA) and I plopped my bro down on the toilet. I then continued to come slicingly close to my brothers eye as i cut off his beautiful eyelashes and he was left looking completely different. My mom cried as she instantly recognized which made my brother cry and then me cry because I didnt really realize the damage that this causes one. His eyes were left naked, he looked so different!. To this day allthough my brother still has teh ability to influence someone for a lifetime with his eyes, his eyelashes have never fully grown back and will forever remain average. Yearly at our family dinners this story comes up and I will be reminded of my childish ways for the remainder of my existence.

the end

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Why does a guy need long lashes anyways? I hope you kept them and glued them to yours.